Need Help and More Roof Info
Looking at your roof and deciding if it may or may not need some repair or even replaced can be a rough job. Let the professionals at Castle Roofing Group take care of that for you. Give us a call today top schedule your free estimate from one of our professional trained inspectors.
Is there a charge for Castle Roofing to provide an estimate?
All estimates are given at no cost and no obligation to you.
What will my new roof cost?
There are many factors that determine the costs of a roof. Roof Slope, location, height, number of stories, material type, ventilation required and few others are all factors that are considered when providing an estimate.
How long have you been in Business?
Castle General Contractor Corp. - our parent company - launched its roofing operations in 2005.
Through hard work dedication and happy customers, over time our roofing operations grew to become a business of its own and Castle Roofing Group LLC was formed in 2012 to create a new entity focused entirely the specific needs of our roofing clients.
Are you Licensed and Insured?
Our Florida Certified Roofing Contractor License # is CCC1331562. At your request we can provide you with a copy for your records. In addition, you can visit www.myfloridalicense.com at any time and verify our license status. Beware of any Company that cannot provide proof or cannot be independently verified. To perform roofing services in Florida, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation requires that the business be Licensed.
Castle Roofing Group LLC maintains a General Liability and Workmen’s Compensation Policy at all times. At your request we can provide certificates of insurance showing proof of this. If you hire an uninsured contractor you could become liable for injuries to any worker while they are on your property. When in doubt, Verify !
Do you Warranty your work?
Castle Roofing Group LLC provides a Transferable workmanship warranty of 10 Years on all Shingle Roof Systems and a 5 years on Low Slope Roof systems replacements.
In addition, as CertainTeed ® Select Shingle Master Installer we can offer you a SureStart Plus warranty covering your investment for up to 25 Years workmanship, 50 Year manufacturer defect warranties. See Warranty for all terms and conditions.
Do you have financing options available to me?
Through our relationship with financial institutions we can provide a finance option that best suits your needs. Some examples are :
- • 12 Month No Interest with Payments
- • 9.99% Interest Rate for 103 Months
- • Ask your estimator about other Financing options. Up to 12 year Financing Plans Available
Loans provided by GreenSky Trade Credit, LLC (866-936-0602) on approved credit, for a limited time. Repayment terms vary.
Financing options subject to change. Financing not valid for prior purchases. If financing is required, customer must arrange financing prior to signing contract. Any finance terms advertised are estimates only, and all financing is provided by a third-party lender (s) unaffiliated with Castle Roofing Group LLC, under terms and conditions arranged directly between the customer and such lender, all subject to credit requirements.
Will my home owners insurance cover this ?
If a storm event in your area creates wind, hail or impact damage to your home it will likely be covered by your insurance policy and you will only be responsible for your deductible.
The most obvious damages are missing shingles, lightning strikes, impact of neighboring trees or leaks occurring in your home during or after a significant storm event. But some other types of damage, such as hail strikes sometimes takes a trained professional to find. If you suspect you have storm damage, call today for a free evaluation.
My roof leaks. Do I need to have it replaced completely?
Not necessarily. Leaks can result from flashings that have come loose or a section of the roof system that is damaged that can be repaired.
A complete roof system failure, however, generally is irreversible and a result of improper installation, age, or choice of materials being inappropriate for the home or building.
How long will my roof last?
The life expectancy of a roof will vary depending on specific site conditions. Florida weather is specially harsh on roofing systems due to the intense heat almost year round, roofs in milder climates tend to last longer. In general the life expectancy by roofing materials are:
- • Asphalt Shingles, 3-Tab: 15-18 Years
- • Asphalt Shingles, Architectural: 20-25 years
- • Concrete Tile: 35-50 years
- • Built Up & Modified bitumen roofing: 10-16 years
How can a home owner recognize when a roof system has problems?
All too often, roof system problems are discovered after leaking or other serious damage occurs. Some of the signs that a roof needs attention are the following:
- • Curling shingles
- • Loss of the asphalt granulation (looks like bald spots)
- • Evidence of leaking on your ceilings
- • Cracked or discolored interior drywall (painted or wallpapered)
- • Decaying shingles
- • Missing shingles
- • Visible cracks
- • Wind damage
- • Broken or damaged shingles
- • Rusted or missing flashing
How long will it take you to install my new roof?
There are variables that determine the time it takes to complete your roof. Weather, number of layers, type of material, size of your roof and more.
Typically, Castle Roofing is completely finished with your new roof – from removing the old roof to clean up – in two to four days depending on the job specifics. Castle Roofing will coordinate all aspects of your roof installation, from city required inspections, delivery of materials and installation.
What to expect during your new roof installation or repair?
Our roofing crew typically arrives at the jobsite between 7-8 am. The first thing we do is to backup our roof debris collection trailer to the house and install tarps around the work area to protect your driveways and/or plant areas from falling debris. These tarps are strategically rotated around the perimeter of the home to where the work is being performed.
The roof replacement is a noisy process. During the re-nailing of the deck and nailing of your shingles expect muffled thumping sounds and small vibrations throughout your home. If you work from home or have a pet that may be upset by this please take precautions. There’s no way around it. But we do all we can to minimize hassle and inconvenience during the roofing process.
The crew usually begins the tear off of your existing roof from the furthest point and move towards the trailer. Before the protective underlayment is installed (dry-in ) we re-nail the deck as needed for current code requirements and replace any damaged decking or wood to your home. The dry in will protect your home and the wood underneath from any weather that may occur during your installation.
Typically, materials are delivered on conveyor the afternoon or morning after work is commenced, and building department inspections are scheduled throughout the process per the controlling municipalities requirements. Once the dry-in is complete and any required inspections are met, your roof nailing will begin. Unless special inspection requirements are necessary or weather deviations are present expect our roofing crew to arrive daily between 7-8 am.
Upon completion, a complete cleanup will be done, final building inspection will be scheduled as well as a walkthrough with you to ensure your satisfaction.
Is there anything I need to do before the roofer company starts?
1) Since our roof debris trailers need to back up to your house and are usually onsite until the work is completed please park your cars on the street. In addition, don’t leave any vehicles in the garage that may need used during the installation process.
2) If you are aware that your home was re-piped through your attic, please inform your estimator. Some plumbing contractors improperly install the new pipes too close to your roof deck and could be damaged by the shingle nails or a missed decking nail.
3) The roof replacement is a noisy process. During the re-nailing of the deck and nailing of your shingles expect muffled thumping sounds and small vibrations throughout your home. If you work from home or have a pet that may be upset by this please take precautions. There’s no way around it. But we do all we can to minimize hassle and inconvenience during the roofing process.
4) If you have a roof mounted antenna such as Direct TV ® or Dish Network ® it will need to removed to properly seal your roof. We usually try to wait till the last minute this is require to minimize down time. You must call your service provider ahead of time for them to be ready to reset the antenna as soon as that area of roofing material is installed. This will minimize the amount of time with interrupted signal.